Wedding Weekend Complete! Sorry/not sorry to anyone who follows me on other social sites, I’ve posted this photo of the husband and I three times. (buuut, I looovvveee it!)
Tonight’s Lazype is one of my all time favorites. It’s incredibly easy and tastes really gooy and cheesy (but healthy!) and sometimes you need that when you’ve been knee deep in vegetables and juice and rabbit-ish food.
I may have posted about this before but it’s so good it needed another look. You can find the original recipe here but I subbed out the cream cheese and sour cream and just went with yogurt and it lost no taste. AND you can really sub in an greens or veggies in to mix it up. I didn’t have spinach so I used chopped kale this time and I thought about roasted red peppers instead of artichokes.
Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms
- 2-4 portabella mushrooms, stems and gills removed
- 1 cup chopped kale or spinach or frozen spinach
- 3 artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 8 oz Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped (or a tablespoon of minced garlic)
- Pepper to taste
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- Line a baking sheet with foil & pre-heat oven to 450F. Clean the mushrooms and bake until softened, about 10 minutes.
- While the mushrooms are pre-cooking, mix the spinach, artichokes, cream cheese, sour cream, mozzarella, garlic, pepper, along with about ¼ cup of the crushed crackers or bread crumbs.
- Divide the filling between the mushrooms and sprinkle on the bread crumbs and top with the rest of the mozzarella.
- Roast until the filling is hot and the breadcrumbs are golden brown, about 10 minutes.